1. Discuss at least three things you would want to make sure your students understand about being good digital citizens.
- Time management. Research is not play time.
- Validity and reliability. Many sites are not good sources. They need to know how to figure out which ones are helpful.
- Purpose. The students need to be aware of the purpose of internet research.
2. Share at least one of the resources mentioned above or on the Ed Tech website that you plan to use instructionally. The grade-level resource list will be used.
3. Explain briefly how you would "teach" the idea of digital citizenship to your students. Through discussion and modeling, I would show them the proper way to research a topic.
4. Explain briefly how you plan to share the idea of digital citizenship with your parents. All information given to the students would be available to the parents on my teacher web page.